The Lego Lone Ranger sets are not your usual Lego theme one might think, but when you take a look at them, they sure are a lot of fun. Given the release of Lego Superheros, Lego Ninjago, Lego Minecraft and others, the Lego lone ranger sets are a popular addition to your Lego collection and well reviewed. I guess Lego are looking to capitalize on the themes but it is not to our disadvantage. Any avid Lego fan is going to love these sets.
How Many Lego Lone Ranger Sets Are There?
There are 6 available Lego Lone Ranger set in this series that truly compliment each other and smaller add on sets such as the LEGO 30260 Lone Ranger Pump Car or the LEGO 30261 Lone Ranger Tonto’s Campfire . Click on any of these links below to be taken to my write up about it in this post:
- Lego 79106 – The Lone Ranger Cavalry Building Set
- Lego 79107 – The Lone Ranger Comanche Camp
- Lego 79108 – The Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape
- Lego 79109 – Colby City Showdown
- Lego 79110 – Silver Mine Shootout
- Lego 79111 – Constitution Train Chase
I will walk you through each of them so you can decide which ones to get. I must warn you though that you might be very tempted to buy them all once you see how they fit together nicely.
This first set is aimed at the age 6 to 14 age group, as are most of the sets in this range. Because the age range is wide, it allows an opportunity for there to be plenty of years of playing. Also a great age range allowing for siblings to be able to play together as I know mine love to do.
Will the Lone Ranger mounted on his trusty steed Silver be able to sneak past the cavalry soldiers who are cooking dinner at the camp fire or will the cavalry rush to their cannon and take aim. Hmmmm, maybe we best build on this set for more action adventures. Read on to find out about the other action packed lone ranger sets.
I consider this set to be really great value and not too hard on the hip pocket. What you get in the box is:
- 4 Minifigures (The Lone Ranger and 3 Cavalry Soldiers)
- Silver – The White Stallion (“Hi-Yo!”)
- Defense Wall with flag
- Camp fire with flames
- 3 Revolvers and 2 rifles as accessories.
This set is appropriate for ages 7 to 14 years, so again, a wide age group and it has got to be one of my favorites as one of the smaller lone ranger sets. It brings back memories of when I was a child and use to love playing with horses, forts and soldiers. A great adventure for the Lone Ranger and a camp fire where they can sit to make peace, but perhaps not with the scorpions.
Can Lone Ranger, Tonto and Red Knee catch some fish for dinner and then sit down to talk around the fire or will the scorpions be looking for a bite themselves? Or maybe after the Colby city showdown (Lego 79109), you will need a place to go for some peace and rest. The lone ranger Comanche camp is just the place.
- 3 Minifigures – the Lone Ranger, Tonto and Red Knee
- 16cm High Teepee with entrance flap and removable canopy
- Small camp fire
- Weapon rack
- Canoe with oar
- Rocky outcrop with scorpion attack function
- Accessories; a fish, 3 bones and 3 scorpions.
This set is also aimed at the 7 to 14 age group and would be a valuable addition to your Lone Ranger lego sets. It has some great accessories and options for fun adventures.
Oh no, the bandit are afoot! Can the mysterious Tonto and The Lone Ranger, with the assistance of Red Harrington fight the bad guys before they steal Red Harrington’s prized silver in the vault up top of the stagecoach? Maybe a good tactic is to launch the baggage off the back to slow the bandits down and become the ultimate hero. Who can slow those horses down and how can we do it? We might need somewhere to lock up the bandits afterward and Colby Town (Lego 79109) is perfect as the Sheriff can lock them in the jail.
- Stagecoach with opening doors and roof, baggage launch function, mailbag with letter, opening vault with silver bar
- 2 horses for the coach, that you can detach
- Bandit horse
- 5 minifigures: Tonto, The Lone Ranger, Red Harrington and 2 bandits – Jesus and Barret
- Guns and accessories – a pocket watch, dynamite and decorated element.
The bandits are after the loot at the town bank, they’ve blown up the vault so it’s going to take a lot of man power for the Colby city showdown. Lone Ranger recruits the help of Tonto and Texas Ranger Dan Reid in an effort to put the bandits, Ray and Frank, back behind bars. So, ready, take aim and fire the roof top cannon to stop them in their tracks. Will the bandits escape with the silver? That’s up to you to decide.
- The sheriff’s office which features an opening door and jail with exploding wall function and roof top cannon
- A Bank with opening door
- A small wagon
- 5 minifigures – the Lone Ranger, Tonto, Texas Ranger Dan Reid and 2 bandits, Ray and Frank
- Vault weapons include 3 revolvers, 3 rifles and a tomahawk
- Accessories include 2 silver bars, a sack, 2 bundles of dynamite sticks, handcuffs, bottle, keys, and barrel.
There are lots of opportunities for play and I would use this as one of the starting sets to build on.
Much fun is to be had with this set for the 9 to 14 age group that is packed with functions. The starting age on this set is a little higher than other Lego lone ranger sets but with a little assistance, I am sure other family members could join in.
The greedy bandits are at it again with their hunt for silver. Help the Lone Ranger, Tonto and Chief Big Bear ambush Butch Cavendish and his bandit buddy in the Silver Mine Shootout. Lone ranger sneaks through the secret waterfall while signalling for Chief Big Bear to climb up the ladder to the crane. Meanwhile Tonto distracts the bad guys so that Chief Big Bear can lower the bucket from the crane and move the silver out of reach. Drop the boulder and fire the exploding rock function to create confusion. For a quick escape, slide down the chute through the trap door and load everyone into the cart. Your job is done and the bandits are in trouble as you catapult the explosives into the air.
- Rock detailing secret waterfall entrance, ladder, turning crane and lowering bucket
- 5 minifigures: Lone Ranger and Tonto, Chief Big Bear, Butch Cavendish and the bandit, Skinny Kyle
- Weapons and accessories include 3 revolvers, rifle, tomahawk, dynamite, falling skull and a bow with quiver.
This lone ranger set is aimed at the 8 to 14 age bracket. It contains some great functions and will work well with any of the other Lego Lone Ranger Sets.
Rebecca and Danny are aboard the constitution train and desperately need to be saved. Butch Cavendish and his gang of henchmen are running riot on the speeding train, but wait, here comes Lone Ranger on his trusty steed Silver. Be careful Lone Ranger, there’s a gatling gun aboard and it’s loaded! Meanwhile, Tonto places some dynamite under the water tower so he can time it just right, to fall on the constitution as she powers forward. A great plan to stop the train. And look what was found in the process; a secret coal wagon hideout. It’s time to blow the prison wagon door with dynamite and escape to safety with Rebecca and Danny safely away from Butch Cavendish and his gang.
- Constitutional Train
- track shapes with 16 curved and 4 straight track sections to build
- 7 minifigures: Lone ranger, Tonto, Rebecca Reid, Danny Reid, Butch Cavendish, Latham Cole and Captain Fuller
- Silver (Lone Ranger’s Horse)
- Exploding water tower
- Coal car with secret hideout
- Wagon with rotating Gatling gun
- Prison wagon
- Weapons and accessories: 3 revolvers, rifle, sword, a slingshot, 3 dynamite, 2 silver bars, 2 silver nuggets, shovel, bottle and a pocket watch decorated element.
Watch the making of the constitutional train below.
I would love to hear which of the Lego Lone Ranger Sets is your favorite so please leave a comment below.
Alex’s Mum signing off so we can get back to playing!